San Francisco Campus for Jewish Living
302 Silver Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94112
Ongoing activity throughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDMom, Dad or other grown-up (some adult facilitation/involvement required if under 14)
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Society often overlooks adults as they age. Your involvement reminds seniors that they are still valued and brings joy and purpose to their lives!
Spend some time with an elderly neighbor who could use your youthful friendship! Teach them how to use their iPhone or Android or other technology device. Provide conversation just like you do for grandma or grandpa. Attend fun activities with them like arts and crafts, listen to music or play games.
Good communication skills and willingness to spend one-on-one time with seniors.
Children under the age of 14 may need supervision. Please note all volunteers must complete an orientation/training and are required to take a Tuburculosis Test (as we are a skilled nursing facility).
Visit our website at www.sfcjl.lorg and fill out the under 18 online volunteer application. Contact the Director of Volunteer Services, Key Shade, at 415-469-2229 or email@example.com for questions or to schedule an orientation/training. Volunteers under 14 will be need to be accompanied by an adult.
1. Decide if you have reliable transportation and 1-2 hours to give to help enhance the life of a senior. If so, talk to your parents about getting involved with the San Francisco Campus of Jewish Living.
2. Complete our online volunteer application.
3. You will be contacted once your application has been reviewed to discuss our required orientation/training.
4. Attend required orientation/training. Take required TB test.
5. Once approved as a volunteer, contact the Director of Volunteer Services, Key Shade, to find a match with a senior in need.
6. Schedule an initial visit facilitated by the Director of Volunteer Services.
7. Schedule ongoing visits with the resident to which you have been matched.
8. Visit based on the agreed upon schedule and make a meaningful difference in the life of a senior!