In your kitchen!
All year round
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDSome help from Mom, Dad or a grown up is required.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
As a member of a Cooking team, your dish will be served, along with 4 other dishes to create a complete home cooked meal for a group of people (homeless women and children, low income elders, people struggling with disabilities) who may otherwise go hungry.
Once a month, cook or bake one part of a complete meal: main course, veggies, side dish or dessert for people in your community who may otherwise go without.
1. A recipe and ingredients from the grocery store to make your assigned dish.
2. A kitchen to make it in - with a stove, oven, fridge, cookware, etc.
3. Transportation so you can deliver your food once it's made.
If you'd like to become a Cook, please call Tara Dendy, Program Director, at 617-501-1073 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also email email@example.com or visit the Community Cooks website here.
1. Sign up to join our community of Cooks and we'll send you a cooking assignment. You can ask to be a baker or cook a certain type of food.
2. Find a recipe based on your assignment, and gather your ingredients.
3. Get cooking!
4. Have an adult deliver it to a specific location on a certain day (we will tell you that too and will try to make the location as close to your house as possible).