Around town, in the local Boston community.
All year long.
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Imagine having to travel all of a sudden to a city you did not know in order to access medical treatment you or a family member really needed. It would probably be a scary time, and a time at which a friendly, local face might really make a difference. Well, you can be that source of comfort and support for a family visiting Boston in just that kind of situation. Simply by sharing your time and your knowledge of the local area, you can make a difficult time easier for another family.
Does your family love to help people? Do you live in Boston? If so, you may want to consider becoming a community connection volunteer family! These special people are paired with out-of-town guest families visiting Boston for medical treatment. By offering a friendly ear and local advice, you can make a big difference for a family visiting the Boston area during a difficult time.
Transportation to be able to meet with the guest family with which you are matched.
This is structured as a family activity. Parental involvement is required.
Decide if you have 4-6 hours per month you can share with a family visiting the local area for medical treatment. For more information about the program or to sign up, contact Denise Duclos at firstname.lastname@example.org or (888) 595-4678 ext. 1.
See VIEW INSTRUCTIONS for details.
- Decide if you have 4-6 hours per month you can share with a family visiting the local area for medical treatment. (Families are typically in one of three Hospitality Homes apartment locations around Boston for about a month at a time.)
- If you are willing to dedicate this time as a family, contact Denise Duclos, Director of Engagement and Outreach, at email@example.com or (888) 595-4678 ext. 1 to discuss timing, location and matching options.
- Once a visiting family has been identified, contact them about setting up a time to meet.
- Check in with your family regularly to see how you can help. This could be as simple as a phone call, a walk in the park, a warm meal delivered to their temporary apartment, a quick email, a ride to the hospital or whatever else may be helpful to the visiting family (and possible for you).
- Continue these small acts of kindness and support throughout the duration of their stay and know you have made a time of uncertainty and stress much easier for a family. You may just make a lifelong friend too!
- Be sure to let us know that you found this opportunity through PGK.
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.