In your neighborhood and local community. Each person involved will purchase or donate their own toiletries on their own and then bring it to a communal drop off location.
Location | The best drop-off locations have a contactless option, such as someone's home, where they can leave it on a porch or in a garage.
Duration | We suggest hosting a 2 - 4 week drive, to give your friends, family, and neighbors enough time to go through their clothing and purchase additional items if they choose to do so.
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
The most important thing during this pandemic is to make sure you stay clean and healthy. Access to soap and other hygiene items is essential to the safety of individuals and everyone within their communities.
Catie's Closet currently provides free and critical toiletries over 40 emergency meal sites across Massachusetts and New Hampshire. We need to continue providing this service to some of the most vulnerable members of our communities.
Currently, Catie's Closet is providing critical toiletries to children and families through emergency meal sites designated by local public school districts. Clothing needs are being addressed through our partnerships with direct-service organizations and social service agencies.
Help support the clothing and hygiene needs of local children and families during the COVID-19 crisis, by rallying together your family, neighbors, and community.
Organize and host a toiletry drive from the comfort and safety of your home.
New and full-sized toiletries to donate!
A car to get to either of our Donation Centers
Start by picking dates to decide the when the drive will start and end. Pick a drop-off location where participating community members can drop off their donations. Decide who will be the main point of contact for your drive, most likely you!
Choose if you would like your drive to focus on specific toiletries or allow all kinds of toiletries.
- Plan Your Drive | Decide when the drive start and end date of your drive, where you will have a drop-off location, and who is the best person to contact about the drive.
- Contact Catie's Closet | Get in touch with us at email@example.com to request a customized flier that will help you promote your drive. Please include the dates of your drive, the address of your drop off location and any additional drop-off instructions, and your contact information in case your donors have any questions.
- Promote your Drive | Share your donation drive on social media, through word of mouth, neighborhood forums, email blasts, and more! Collect the items and take lots of pictures with your at-home crew and drive team!
- Have your Friends Donate Virtually! | Let your friends and family know they can purchase toiletries online and have them delivered directly to either Catie's Closet location.
We suggest purchasing items online like:
- Kids 3-in-1 Shampoo, Conditioner & Body Wash from Suave ($5), Dial ($5), White Rain ($1), and EO Everyone ($11)
- Dial Antibacterial Deodorant Soap Bars
- Dove, Olay, and other brands that are okay for kids to use on their skin
- Any toiletry brands and products you would be happy to use or allow your kids to use
- Drop Off Your Donations | Once your drive is complete, contact either Distribution Center to schedule an appointment to drop-off your items. An appointment is needed so our staff can prepare to assist you and share our current drop-off guidelines.
Boston Location | 63 Sprague Street, Hyde Park, MA 02136
Monday - Friday from 10 am - 4 pm
Dracut Location | 19 School Street, Dracut, MA 01826
Monday - Friday from 10 am - 4 pm
- Share Your Good Work! | Share your photos and great work with Catie's Closet and your community on social media. Please know that you have made a huge positive impact on your community and will help to make a difference in many local students' lives. Encourage all of your friends to continue donating their clothing to Catie's Closet and helping our students succeed.