Choose one out of 70+ sites throughout L.A. County
Every third Saturday of September.
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Mom, Dad or other grown-up to take you to the event (for those under 16)
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
These clean ups do make a difference. Check out our recap from 2019 here: https://healthebay.org/coastal-cleanup-day-results-2019/
Coastal Cleanup Day is the world’s largest volunteer day to protect our environment. Heal the Bay organizes efforts in Los Angeles County to remove trash and debris from local habitats and communities. During Coastal Cleanup Day 2019, Heal the Bay hosted 79 sites where 13,914 Angelenos volunteered and picked up 30,165 pounds of trash all across the county. There’s truly power in numbers.
1. A completed safety waiver form (which must be brought the day of the beach cleanup)
2. Cleanup supplies such as bags and garden gloves (but if you forget them that day, they will be provided)
3. A resuable water bottle and sunscreen (as needed)
Volunteers who are minors (under 18 yrs old) should be accompanied by an adult.
Learn more about Coastal Cleanup Day here. For more information or to learn about being a Site Captain for the next Coastal Cleanup Day, contact Halina Do-Linh, Volunteer Programs Manager, at (310) 393-6149 ext. 114 or firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Have a parent or guardian signup for the Coastal Cleanup Day online. You may sign up as an individual or join an already existing group. If you are participating as a large group, please create a group registration and ask your members to register via your group page.
2. Have a parent or guardian complete and sign the safety waiver for you to bring the day of the cleanup.
3. Once at the beach cleanup, pick up your registration information, watch the safety presentations, and collect your cleanup supplies (if you did not bring your own).
4. Have fun! And keep in mind that there's no other single-day volunteer event that even comes close to the impact of Coastal Cleanup Day!
Note: Site Captains are needed for Coastal Cleanup Day. Contact Halina Do-Linh, Volunteer Programs Manager, at (310) 393-6149 ext. 114 or email@example.com if interested in learning more about this opportunity.