In your community, anywhere in the U.S.!
All year long
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDDepending on the age of the volunteer, mom, dad or other grown-up's help may be required
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
For each cell phone donated to Cell Phones For Soldiers, a member of our military can receive 30 minutes of free talk time, allowing them to connect with a loved one while they are away. Your help will help keep these relationships and connections strong when miles and months can sometimes lie in between the people on either end of that call.
Organize a cell phone drive and collect unwanted cell phones to be donated. Ask your friends, family members, classmates, and teachers OR work with your Scout troop, team, or other group to collect donations of unwanted cell phones. New, gently-used, out-dated, and broken cell phones from any carrier are accepted and appreciated. The donated phones will be recycled, and the proceeds from those donations will help connect military members with their loved ones.
1. Box or bin to collect cell phones
2. Access to a printer to print fliers and return shipping label (available at www.cellphonesforsoldiers.com/collectio-toolkit)
3. Mailer/box to send in donated phones at the end of the collection drive
1. Set a time period for your cell phone drive. We suggest a month.
2. Sign up to host your drive on the Cell Phones For Soldiers website. Once your drive is approved, you will receive a welcome email with an electronic welcome kit.
3. Find a place in your community (school, place of worship, place of business, or other facility) to house the collection bin.
4. Download fliers to distribute and post on your collection bin. (Downloadable signs available at www.cellphonesforsoldiers.com/collectio-toolkit.) Social media and email can also be great ways to promote your drive.
5. Tell your friends, parents, neighbors, etc. about your collection and ask them to drop their unwanted cell phones in the bin during your collection period. Encourage your parents to share this with their co-workers and friends too.
6. At the end of your drive, place the phones in a cardboard box, wrapping them with newspaper or bubble wrap to protect them during shipping. You can ship them directly to Cell Phones for Soldiers' recycling partner at:
Cell Phones For Soldiers
5665 North Commerce CourtAlpharetta, GA 30004
If you have 10 or more phones to donate, you can print a prepaid UPS mailing label here.
*Consider involving your class, Scout troop, team or other group in your drive. The more, the merrier (and the greater the number of phones)!