DURATIONMore than 4 hours
In your home
Ongoing activity throughout the year - You could have a foster cat/kitten for several weeks or months.?
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Your entire family is needed to take on this great task!
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
By providing daily care to one of our cats or kittens until they are ready to be adopted, you are providing a safe, nurturing and loving home for cat needing a forever home. By feeding and providing any necessary medications as prescribed by our staff veterinarian, you are helping keep a cat healthy until its adoptive family can take over.
To foster means to care for an animal in your home. As a foster parent, you are a hero! You create a vital link in the network that saves animals in Santa Clara County. In return for your care, you get training and support. And lots of love and gratitude too!
1) Transportation for medical appointments
2) Commitment - the cat/kitten will be in your care until he or she is ready to be placed for adoption; you could have your foster for a few weeks or several months.
1. Decide if you have a love of cats and can commit to taking care of one for several weeks or months.
2. If so, visit our volunteer page where you'll find a link to our online registration and information about upcoming orientations.
3. Complete the necessary registration forms. Once approved by Town Cats staff, register for an upcoming orientation/training session.
4. Attend the orientation as scheduled and get your home ready to welcome one of our cats/kittens!