Virtually - in your home, school place of worship
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDNone
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
JRA delivers food and essential supplies to low-income households in the Philadelphia region. Many of the individuals we deliver food to suffer from social isolation, which has been heightened by the COVID-19 pandemic. Caring Cards are heartwarming pieces of art, which we deliver along with our monthly food deliveries. Many recipients cherish the cards they receive, hanging them in their homes.
JRA Caring Cards are handmade cards that volunteers make with the materials they have on hand, which bring sunshine into our food recipients' homes through art! It can be simple, it can be complex, it can be crayons, markers, paint, stickers, whatever you have at home. Mail your completed masterpiece to JRA and we will be sure to get it in the hands of our recipients.
All you need is
- paper and some pens/markers/crayons. Optional supplies include stickers, paint, glitter, etc.
- mailing envelope and postage
Great for all ages!
Gather some art supplies, reference the Caring Card Guidelines, make sure you have postage to send them to the JRA office!
- Cards should be 4" x 6" in size or larger. Anything smaller could get lost in the food box.
- Write general messages, not individually addressed cards, that will be included in JRA's food boxes at random.
- All writing should be clear and legible.
- All writing should be in English.
- Cards should have thoughtful and positive messages like "hope today is a great day," or "wishing you comfort and strength during these difficult times," or even a joke or poem!
- Be as creative as you would like (drawings, stickers, puffy-paint, etc.) Just be sure your materials stick to the page!
- You are welcome to sign the cards from yourself, or "from your friends at JRA."
- Cards should NOT be sealed in individual envelopes.
- Finished cards and the completed PGK Donation Slip should be mailed to:
Jewish Relief Agency Attn: Jenny Rubin 225 E City Ave., Suite 210, Bala Cynwyd PA 19004
If you have any questions on how to get started, email Jenny Rubin, our Volunteer Program Manager, at email@example.com