WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
We couldn't do it without our community of supporters!
More than a place to stay, our Ronald McDonald programs provide a comprehensive support network of housing, meal and psychosocial support services for families with children being treated for serious illnesses at our partner hospitals.
Our goal is to bring community volunteers and supporters together to ease the financial and emotional burden of families through in-hospital and residential programs
You make a difference in the lives of our families.
Ronald McDonald House Charities Bay Area (RMHC Bay Area) provides communities of support, access to medical care, and the healing power of family and home for critically ill children.
Thank you for your interest in supporting the children and families at RMHC Bay Area. Many of our patients and families come to us in crisis with little time to pack a bag, arriving at the hospital with just the clothes they are wearing. When we can provide them with toiletry items, a basic change of clothes as well as the ability to do laundry it provides tremendous comfort during a very stressful time.
- Toiletry Kits (For parents) travel/hotel size:
- In sandwich size Ziploc Bag or similar
- Shampoo, Conditioner, Soap
- Shaver (Optional)
- Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Mouthwash
- Chap Stick (Optional)
- Dry Shampoo (Optional)
- Nail Clippers (Optional)
- Laundry Kits
- In Snack Size Ziploc Bag or similar
- Dryer Sheet
- Laundry Pods
- Laundry Bag (Optional)
- Parent Comfort Packs
- In Gallon size Ziploc Bag or similar
- Journal and pen
- Puzzle Book/Adult Coloring Book, Colored pencils
- Sleep Mask
- Hand Lotion
- Lip Balm
- Individually wrapped bars, snacks
Get in contact with our Volunteer & Community Relations Manager at email@example.com. See VIEW INSTRUCTIONS below for details!
- Get in contact with our Volunteer & Community Relations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance.
- Decide what type of kit you would like to donate and how many. Note: we don't have a minimum or maximum.
- Collect items (See required items/supplies needed for completion by user).
- Assemble the kits.
- Ship or drop of completed kits Uriel Valencia at 510 Sand Hill Rd, Palo Alto, CA 94304. We are open every day and ready to receive donations from 7 am to 7 pm. No appointment needed.
- Optional: Kits can include hand made letters with exclusively supportive messages. Please avoid religious or common "get well soon" messages.
- Be sure to let us know that you found this activity through PGK by including a packaging slip.
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.