DURATION30 minutes or less
From your kitchen table
All year long
WHO NEEDS TO HELPMom, Dad or other grown-up to mail the cards
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
The neighbors we serve are often going through a rough time, financially and sometimes otherwise too. In sharing a little bit of yourself by making homemade cards to go with the food bags we give out each week, you will remind those we serve how much people care. And let's face it, a good picture makes us all happy!
At the food pantry, we distribute hundreds of bags every week to our neighbors in need. By making cards to go in our bags each week, you will bring a smile to someone's face and touch their heart in a way our food cannot.
1. Construction paper
2. Markers, crayons, and/or colored pencils
3. Stickers and/or stamps (optional)
4. Large envelope and postage for mailing cards
Make as many cards as you can following the instructions provided. For questions or to schedule a time to drop off your cards (rather than mail them), contact Luis Oliart at email@example.com.
1. Grab your favorite card making supplies (see our suggested list of items above) and find a comfortable place to get creative.
2. Make as many cards as you like using feel good phrases like "Thinking of you!"; "Best wishes for a healthy and happy day!"; "Happy Spring/Summer/Fall!" and/or anything else you can think of that might brighten someone's day. Add your favorite artwork to make it extra special.
3. Mail your completed cards to:
North Hollywood Interfaith Food Pantry
4390 Colfax Avenue
Studio City, CA 91604