DURATIONMore than 4 hours
Sierra Vista Elementary on June 12th, Laurel Elementary on July 24th and Carver Elementary on August 14th.
Summer of 2021. Three opportunities to help makeover or put together a library for schools in need: June 12, 2021, July 24,2021, & August 14, 2021.
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
The best predictor of reading achievement for children living in poverty is the quality of their school library. No matter where they live, all children deserve access to books and stories that will help them excel in the classroom. Help us re-open and improve the libraries this summer at these schools: Sierra Vista Elementary, Laurel Elementary, and Carver Elementary.
We are in need of volunteers on Saturday, June 12, 2021! We are also seeking volunteers to help re-open two long-shuttered libraries in Compton this summer on July 24, 2021 and August 14, 2021!
Please join us for a day of mural-painting and book processing.
We ask that volunteers bring their own snacks and water. Please wear a mask and clothes that you feel comfortable painting in. Be prepared to stay until 2 p.m. though we often finish earlier.
See "View Instructions" below for details.
- Review the volunteer opportunities (location, date, and time) listed with your grown-up or adult.
- Pick an event and register.
- Complete the waiver.
- Join us on the day of the event for mural-painting and book processing!
- Be sure to let us know that you found this volunteer activity on PGK.
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.