DURATIONLess than 30 Minutes
In your home!
Despite social distancing, you can still support Hope & Comfort’s mission to improve the health, self-esteem, and hygiene education of Greater Boston youth from the comfort of your own home
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDNone
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Hope & Comfort has launched a rapid emergency response to the COVID-19 crisis by distributing thousands of hygiene products in the past few weeks alone. Hygiene access – particularly access to soap for proper hand washing – is more important than ever. As an essential business, we will remain open throughout the pandemic as a vital source for Greater Boston youth and families in need.
We especially need full-size shampoo, deodorant, bars of soap, menstrual products, and toothpaste. We also appreciate any other donations you can gather.
Many of us stock up on hygiene products and then forget about them. Clearing out your cabinets and donating your unused and unexpired hygiene products is a fun way to support Hope & Comfort’s mission while also de-cluttering your home!
Bag for collection, gloves for activity.
We also ask that you wash or sanitize your hands frequently when performing this project. If you are handling hygiene products directly, please wear gloves.
Clear out your cabinets and donate unused and unexpired hygiene products! Let’s get started... See "View Instructions" below.
- We kindly ask that you refrain from completing this activity if you or someone you are in close contact with has been sick within the last 3 weeks.
- Empty out your medicine cabinet and other hygiene storage areas.
- Set aside any extra, unused, and unexpired hygiene items you may have and place them in a bag to donate to Hope & Comfort.
- Dispose of any expired or questionable hygiene items. Recycle or reuse containers whenever possible. Thank you for being green!
- If you found expired medications, dispose of them safely by visiting the Mass.gov website and finding your nearest safe disposable site.
- Step back and marvel at your clean cabinets, as well as the products you set aside to support youth and families in need. Snap a photo and tag us on Facebook/Instagram at @hopeandcomfort or Twitter at @hopeandcomfort1!
- Then, let us know you’re all set and ready to donate products by emailing email@example.com or calling/texting 774-847-1224.
- Let us know you learned of this opportunity through PGK. When we connect, we’ll let you know the best and safest way to get these to us. Thank you for joining the fight to end hygiene insecurity!