Ready to Help Fight Hunger?
Bring Fresh Produce into the Heart of Underserved Communities - New York
1927 Turnbull Avenue, Bronx, NY 10473
Saturdays! Interested in helping but not free Saturday? Fill out the same volunteer form and we'll be in touch with opportunities matching your availability!
Times vary, we will work with your schedule!
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
We love individuals and groups of any size. Groups will need to reserve a Saturday!
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
The Bronx is home to the biggest produce market in the world, but more than 1 in 4 of its residents are food insecure. You can help us change that by helping us bring fresh produce into the heart of underserved communities.
Drive to our Bronx parking lot on Saturday morning, pick up some fresh, unsold, rescued produce, and deliver it to a hyper-local hub (a community fridge or grassroots site) serving communities in need.
Driver's License Needed
A vehicle, a big heart, and some free time on the weekend!
To volunteer, please complete this volunteer application form. Click on VIEW INSTRUCTIONS below for details.
- To volunteer, please complete this volunteer application form.
- Once completed, you will get an automatic text and/or email response: "Welcome to the #neighborshelpingneighbors team! We will start sending you volunteer opportunities as soon as possible.
- To best personalize your volunteer experience, we will ask a few more questions about what types of events you would like to volunteer for and when. Answering these questions will ensure you have the best volunteer experience.
- Please select "Other" when asked how you heard about us and then fill in "PGK".
- You will get this message: We'll be in touch shortly with volunteering options that match your preferences and availability.
- On Saturday, we'll greet you at your chosen time with a smile, boxes of fresh produce, and 1-2 delivery locations where you'll bring produce the last mile to neighbors in need.
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.