In your home, school, friend's house, anywhere!
Ongoing activity throughout the year.
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDFamily (ideally structured for family engagement)
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your bookmarks will help remind young readers that literacy is important and reading is fun!
Make bookmarks for local children learning to read.
You'll need cardstock, markers, stickers, access to a laminating machine, and some creative juices!
Please send us an email at volunteerSV@readingpartners.org
1. Cut strips of cardstock to measure 6.5 x 1.5 inches.
2. Decorate strips with inspiring messages and colorful decorations. Get creative with color, stickers, and materials.
3. Laminate strips and cut off excess plastic.
3. For an added flair, punch a hole on top and adding yarn or ribbon.
4. Repeat up to 50 times and ship or deliver completed bookmarks to our office.
Reading Partners Silicon Valley
600B Valley Way
Milpitas, CA 95035
Ideas for Bookmark Messages:
• Time for reading
• I'm a bookworm
• Sssh! I'm reading
• Dive into a book
• Enter a different world - read!
• Enjoy a book- get reading!
• I've got my head in a book
• Have you chosen a good book?
• Reading is fun!
• I love reading!
• Reading is cool!
• Reading forever!
• Make friends with a book!
• What's inside your book?
• Born to read
• I'm off to see the world - read!
• I'm ready for reading!
• On your mark, get set, READ!