A drive can be held anywhere that you are - in schools, community centers, or other places that you frequent. Then, the items can be brought to Doc Wayne to be used by our students.
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
This board game drive will allow students to play games and enjoy being a young person. It will aid our team in delivering our unique mental health services, and provide an outlet for students that is fun and engaging.
Hold a board game drive to support Doc Wayne students. Doc Wayne often plays different types of games with our students in both groups and as individuals. New or lightly used board games of all kinds are great way to connect with our students while having a good time!
1. Computer, printer and paper to make flyers/signs
2. Large cardboard boxes or storage bins to collect donations
3. Bags or boxes for transporting (or mailing) donated items
Games must be new or gently used and contain all pieces.
To get started, please contact Rebekah Roulier at RRoulier@docwayne.org. Please reach out prior to beginning the project.
Once you have reached out, you can begin your project by advertising it to the local community, family, and friends. Then, you can collect the board games in whatever way you see fit.
- Reach out to Rebekah Roulier at RRoulier@docwayne.org before beginning the project.
- Brainstorm where you would like to collect the board games and from whom.
- Gain permission/access to where you would like to hold the board game drive.
- Reach out to everyone you can for board games!
- Collect the board games.
- Contact Rebekah Roulier again to arrange how and when to deliver the board games to Doc Wayne.