Select elementaries throughout San Francisco and East Bay
After school during the school year (September through May)
WHO NEEDS TO HELPMom, Dad or other grown-up (some adult facilitation/involvement required)
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
By volunteering one hour a week, you'll be able to make a BIG impact in another kid's life! Reading is a skill we use everyday and we know that students who master key reading skills have a better chance at succeeding in other subjects later on. Join us!
Come help a kid (Kindergarten - 4th grade) learn reading skills! We provide all the books and tools. You just need to bring yourself!
1. Reliable transportation to get to your tutoring location
2. Love of reading and a desire to help other kids
We can only take volunteer tutors starting at age 14, but we need everyone's help for projects like book drives and fundraisers. Email us at volunteerSF@readingpartners.org to get involved.
1. Decide if you have an hour to donate once a week to help another child improve their reading skills.
2. Check out our website to find a tutoring location near you.
3. Once you've decided if this is for you, sign up to attend a mandatory tutor orientation.
4. Once you've attended a tutor orientation and have your permission slip signed, we'll set you up with a student near you.
5. Show up each week at your designated school to make a difference in the life of another student!