DURATIONLess than 30 Minutes
In your own home.
during school year (October through May)
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
This is for elementary school students, grades 1-5
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Being a Pen Pal encourages deeper connections and builds patience (having to wait for letters to arrive). Sometimes, pen pals help one another learn about different languages and cultures. It also:
- Hones Reading and Writing Skills.
- Encourages Perspective-Taking.
- Promotes Patience.
- Fosters Interest in Social Studies.
- Supports Development of Social Skills.
Pen pals are long-distance friendships you maintain by writing letters to each other.
The best pen pals are usually those who have an interest in learning about different people, cultures and languages. They want to connect with the world outside their borders, through letter writing.
Paper, envelope, pen or pencil, postage.
You must have your parent/caregiver's permission. Participants need to be in grades 1-5.
Send an email of interest to Mary Long at mlong@Sportsmenstennis.org. See VIEW INSTRUCTIONS below for more information.
- Send an email to Mary Long letting her know that you would like to become a PenPal.
- Participants need to be in grades 1-5.
- Let Mary know you learned about this opportunity through PGK.
- Mary will send you a brief questionnaire asking questions about your age, interest and gender to facilitate a good match with a student at STEC.
- Once you are matched with a student, please write letters to the student BUT address the envelope to Mary Long at: Sportsmen's Tennis and Enrichment Center, 950 Blue Hill Avenue, Boston, MA 02124.