WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Transforming communities through academic and mentoring services for students globally!
Through NEST Tutors, we ensure personalized, continued quality education for people worldwide by supplying academic resources, cultural awareness, scholastic guidance, ESOL lessons, and emotional support. Furthermore, we foster an inclusive community of driven youth leaders by instilling skills necessary for successful careers, from leadership and collaboration to organization, self-reliance, and empathy, helping shape them to be supportive role models for the next generation and triumphant entrants into the workforce.
NEST Tutors is a free virtual tutoring program for kids in pre-K, kindergarten, elementary, middle, and high school nationwide. Our goal is to teach kids to love learning! Students will be matched with a high school or college tutor and will be taught all subjects. Register now, as it's a fun way to stay ahead in school!
- Zoom, Google Meet, Facetime, or Skype
You can provide 2-3 sessions/week. Tutoring can be provided through online platforms such as Zoom, Skype, Google Meets, Google Hangouts, etc. (based on your convenience). Volunteers will receive one hour per session for NEST Tutors.
AGE: Tutor needs to be a middle school, high school or college student.
Volunteer Hours Approval:
As an IRS approved nonprofit organization, we require volunteers to submit picture proof of the volunteering activity after each event/session in order to approve volunteer hours.
In order to receive credit for volunteering, you can do any of the following:
1. If you have a pre-existing volunteer form/document from a school or other organization (Ex. volunteer forms, X2Vol, school club volunteer log, etc.), please email it (pre-filled with volunteering details!) to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval (supervisor signature).
2. If you do not, please complete this form to get your volunteer hours approved: https://bit.ly/2Kxjf5w
Please use the SAME email address (personal email) every time you fill out this form.
3. Due to MCPS virtual guidelines, we CANNOT provide SSL hours for virtual tutoring.
P.S: This registration form is only for TUTORS who are interested to participate in our free virtual tutoring program.
- Completing tutor form
- Being accepted as tutor
- Hosting 1 hour tutoring sessions 2/3 times a week