699 Bellevue Ave.
Oakland, CA 94610
Every first Saturday of the month from 11:15 to 1:45
WHO NEEDS TO HELP
Mom, Dad or guardian (if under 18)
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
By assisting with games at our theme park, you will help ensure our visitors have a one-of-a-kind experience and help promote children's motor and problem-solving skills through our interactive games on Game Day.
Every first Saturday is Game Day! From 11:30 to 1:30, families will drop by the Teddy Bear Picnic Area and play with us! We will have various outdoor games and activities for children of all ages to promote their motor and problem-solving skills. Volunteers will facilitate Game Day activities by inviting families and kids to play and reinforcing safety. There will be 4-5 activities on the Teddy Bear Picnic Area lawn.
1. Reliable transportation to Fairyland.
2. Water bottle, snack, sunscreen and a hat, as desired (as Fairyland is 100% outdoors)
Minimum age is 12, with adult supervision during the entire shift. You and your grown-up will be paired together at the same station, making it a fun team/family effort! Parental consent is required in order to sign-up. We provide a waiver form for your parent/guardian to complete.
For questions or to volunteer for the event, please contact Vicky Chen, Volunteer Coordinator, at (510) 425-2259 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Youth volunteers must be at least 12 years or older and accompanied and supervised by a parent/guardian at all times.
1. Talk to your parent/guardian to see if you have time to work at the next Game Day. The scheduled dates are: March 2, April 6, May 4, June 1, July 6, August 3, September 7, October 5 (2019).
2. If so, contact Vicky Chen, Volunteer Coordinator, at (510) 425-2259 or email email@example.com and let her know you and your parent/guardian would like to volunteer.
3. Arrive on time for your shift on your designated day.
4. Help set-up outdoor games and toys in the picnic area.
5. Invite families to play. Feel free to play with them if you’d like.
6. Help watch for kids’ safety.
7. Have fun and help our visitors experience different kinds of outdoor activities.