279 Gulf Road
Dartmouth, MA 09748
During farm season: March - November
WHO NEEDS TO HELPMom, dad or other grown-up if under age 16
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
With your help on the farm, you will be directly growing and harvesting our vegetables, which in turn will help feed hundreds of families that are hungry and may not know where there next meal is coming from. In other words, you'll be providing healthy food to people in need.
When volunteering at Sharing The Harvest, get ready to get your hands dirty and help grow food to help fight hunger! Volunteers help with all farm tasks from seeding to cultivating and harvesting crops.
1. Clothes that can get dirty
2. Close-toed shoes
3. Water & snacks to enjoy during your shift
Kids under 16 must be accompanied by an adult when working at the farm.
Decide when you would like to help. Shifts are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. AND 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., as well as Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (March - November). For questions or for more information, please email email@example.com. Kids under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
1. Decide what day you would like to work on the farm. During our season (March - November), we have regular "drop in" shifts as follows:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday - 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. AND 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Saturday - 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
2. When arriving to the farm, you will meet the head farmer and he will give you directions on what you will be doing for the day. Farm tasks change constantly and vary depending on the season. In the spring, the farm focuses on planting seedlings into the fields. Summer is spent mostly harvesting a variety of crops and weeding the fields. In the fall, we still harvest some crops but we spend a lot of time composting old plants from the field.
3. Work your shift (3 hours) and have fun knowing that by getting your hands dirty, you are helping feed hungry neighbors!