DURATIONLess than 30 Minutes
For your safety, this activity would be held virtually, anywhere in your home.
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
DST conducts outreach weekly to people who are living on the streets. Having household items to get their new place started will encourage the individuals to feel at home. These kits are powerful and help empower our newly housed Team Members.
At Downtown Streets Team our programs empower individuals and act as a stepping stone into employment, housing, and a better life.
Gift cards provide an easy way for unhoused people to fulfill their basic needs. We’ve found that our Team Members enjoy having the flexibility to purchase the items they need, as they need them. This helps them feel more secure as they pursue housing and employment.
Gift card values can be $10 and up.
- Safeway MyChoice
- CVS Pharmacy
- Any food, clothing, or gas shops are accepted.
Please contact Latisha Santos, Development & Events Coordinator, at email@example.com or (408) 318-0335.
- Please contact Latisha Santos.
- Buy or get items donated.
- Reach out to family and friends to join you for your Basic Needs Gift Card Drive Party!
- Schedule a day and time.
- Complete your collection of gift cards.
- Drop off or mail out the gift cards by contacting Latisha to coordinate.