At home, school, with friends or family! A great volunteer opportunity for individuals and groups.
Items can be gathered/assembled by a class, team, scout troop, family, or individual. Adult assistance will be needed to delivery the completed kit(s) to RMH Boston Harbor.
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Families travel to Boston for medical care from across the country and the globe, leaving many of their belongings behind. These kits make RMH Boston Harbor feel more like home and allow families to focus on treatment. Toiletry kits save parents a trip to the store and ensure they have all of the necessary toiletry items they need when they arrive to their apartment at RMH Boston Harbor.
Assemble toiletry kits for families traveling to the Boston area for medical treatment. These kits can be assembled by volunteers and donated to support RMHC Boston Harbor families. Donations can be accepted between 9am-5pm on weekdays and 9am-5pm on weekends.
- Fill quart or gallon size Ziploc with travel-size necessities (toothbrush, toothpaste, comb/brush, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, lotion, lip balm, hand sanitizer, facial tissue).
- Feel free to include a tag or note (please no religious messages or “Get Well Soon”).
Choose the items that you want to include in your toiletry kit. If you have any questions, or to schedule the delivery of your completed kit, please contact the RMH Boston Harbor Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or 617-398-6458.
See VIEW INSTRUCTIONS for details.
- Grab a quart/gallon sized ziploc back, or other container large enough to hold your collected items for your toiletry kit.
- Collect the designated items for your kit. You may want to do a drive and ask friends, neighbors, classmates, or others you know to bring a designated item to a birthday or holiday party, or as part of another activity you are participating in.
- Arrange all of the collected items in container.
- If you wish to add a card or note to your kit, please do so! (Please no religious messages or “Get Well Soon”.)
- Drop off your kits at Ronald McDonald House Boston Harbor, 250 1st Avenue APT 318, Charlestown, MA 02129.
- Any questions, contact the RMH Boston Harbor Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-398-6458.
- Be sure to let us know that you found this activity through PGK!
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.