DURATIONLess than 30 Minutes
At home at your kitchen table with your family
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Adult may assist with purchasing the food items for the snack packs.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Help to provide food to youth experiencing homelessness.
Welcome to My Friend’s Place! We help youth experiencing homelessness move toward wellness, stability and self-sufficiency.
We provide youth with food in easy to-go bags! Help us assemble snack packs for our honmeless youth. We love to include non perishable food items like trail mix, granola bars, cookies, chips, fruit snacks, water bottle/juice, etc. You can even decorate the bags or include a note of encouragement!
- Ziploc or paper bags
- Enough snacks to put 2-3 different snacks in each bag
- trail mix, granola bars, cookies, chips, fruit snacks, etc.
- water bottle/juice
- Markers/crayons/colored pencils
- Note cards/construction paper if doing notes
Get your items purchased and organized!
See step-by-step instructions below for details.
- Collect/purchase bags (ziploc or paper), nonperishable (or prepackaged) snacks like trail mix, granola bars, cookies, chips, fruit snacks, water bottle/juice, etc.
- Assemble a minimum of 5-10 snack packs (or as many as you are able to up to 100 packs) with 2-3 snacks in each bag
- Decorate the bag or include a note of encouragement ("You are loved!", "You are awesome!", etc.) or a drawing. GET CREATIVE!
- To organize drop off or shipment please email Rachel Sanchez
- Be sure to let us know this activity came from PGK
- Fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity