Ready to Comfort The Sick?
Assemble Self-Care Kits for Parents and Kids Staying at RMH Boston Harbor
At home, school, with friends or family! A great volunteer opportunity for individuals and groups.
Items can be gathered/assembled by a class, team, scout troup, family, or individual. Adult assistance will be needed to delivery the compelted kit(s) to RMH Boston Harbor. Donations can be accepted between 9am-5pm 7 days a week.
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Adult help will be required to drop off completed items at RMHBH in Charlestown, MA or with help shipping!
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Families travel to Boston for medical care from across the country and the globe, leaving many of their belongings behind. These kits make RMH Boston Harbor feel more like home and allow families to focus on treatment. Self-care kits give a parent or child all that they need to relax during treatment times or after stressful hospital visits.
Assemble self-care kits for families traveling to the Boston area for medical treatment. These kits can be assembled by you and donated to support RMHC Boston Harbor families.
Self-care kits can include:
-Small value gift card to a local coffee shop
-Bath bombs/salts/bubble bath
*Please no candles*
Donations can be accepted between 9am-5pm 7 days a week.
Choose the items that you want to include in your kit. If you have any questions, or to schedule the delivery of your completed kit, please contact the RMH Boston Harbor Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-398-6458.
- Grab a quart/gallon sized ziploc back, or other container large enough to hold your collected items for your toiletry kit.
- Collect the designated items for your kit. You may want to do a drive and ask friends, neighbors, classmates, or others you know to bring a designated item to a birthday or holiday party, or as part of another activity you are participating in.
- Arrange all of the collected items in container/box.
- If you wish to add a card or note to your kit, please do so! (please no religious messages or “Get Well Soon”).
- Please print, complete and include this donation slip with your container/box.
- Drop off your kits at Ronald McDonald House Boston Harbor, 250 1st Avenue APT 318, Charlestown, MA 02129.
- Any questions, contact the RMH Boston Harbor Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or 617-398-6458.