At home, school, with friends or family! A great volunteer opportunity for individuals and groups.
RMH Boston Harbor is open to families throughout the year. This is an ongoing need.
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Items can be gathered/assembled by a class, team, scout troup, or individual. Adult assistance will be needed to delivery the compelted kit(s) to RMH Boston Harbor.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Families travel to Boston for medical care from across the country and the globe, leaving many of their belongings behind. These kits make RMH Boston Harbor feel more like home and allow families to focus on treatment. Art kids provide patients/their siblings a fun activity during treatment times.
Assemble an art kit for a family traveling to the Boston area for medical treatment. These kits can be assembled by volunteers and donated to support RMHC Boston Harbor families. Donations can be accepted between 9am-5pm on weekdays and 9am-5pm on weekends.
Art kits. These will be distributed to our families as requested. Kits can include watercolor/paint set/pens/markers, small canvases, journals, Play-Doh, construction/plain paper, colorful tape, stickers, or anything that can keep creative kids busy. (Please no glitter).
Feel free to include a tag or note (please no religious messages or “Get Well Soon”).
Choose the items that you want to include in your art kit. If you have any questions, or to schedule the delivery of your completed kit, please contact the RMH Boston Harbor Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or 617-398-6458.
- Grab a basket, gift bag, or other container large enough to hold your collected items for your kit.
- Collect the designated items for your kit. You may want to do a drive and ask friends, neighbors, classmates, or others you know to bring a designated item to a birthday or holiday party, or as part of another activity you are participating in.
- Arrange all of the collected items in the basket/bag.
- If you wish to add a card or note to your kit, please do so! (please no religious messages or “Get Well Soon”).
- Drop off your kits at Ronald McDonald House Boston Harbor, 250 1st Avenue APT 318, Charlestown, MA 02129.
- Any questions, contact the RMH Boston Harbor Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-398-6458.