Ready to Help Other Kids?
Assemble a Grab N Go Snack/Breakfast Bag for families staying at RMH Boston Harbor
At home, school, with friends or family! A great volunteer opportunity for individuals and groups.
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Items can be gathered/assembled by a class, team, scout troup, or individual. Adult assistance will be needed to delivery the compelted items(s) to RMH Boston Harbor.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Families travel to Boston for medical care from across the country and the globe, leaving many of their belongings behind. These bags make RMH Boston Harbor feel more like home and allow families to focus on treatment. Grab n go snack/breakfast bags are any easy way for families to have healthy and quick snack/meal during busy treatment days.
Assemble a grab n go snack/breakfast bags for a family traveling to the Boston area for medical treatment. These bags can be assembled by volunteers and donated to support RMHC Boston Harbor families. Donations can be accepted between 9am-5pm on weekdays and 9am-5pm on weekends.
- A paper bag or container for your snack/breakfast bag.
- Pack your bag with a small water or juice & shelf stable breakfast treat or afternoon snack item (i.e. granola bar, crackers, dried fruits, single serve cereal, nuts, or other similar items).
-All items must be store bought, no made from home snacks/items.
Choose the nonperishible food items that you would like to include in your snack/breakfast bag. If you have any questions, or to schedule the delivery of your completed kit, please contact the RMH Boston Harbor Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or 617-398-6458.
- Grab a paper bag or similar container to hold your grab n go snack/breakfast items.
- Collect the designated items for your bag. You may want to do a drive and ask friends, neighbors, classmates, or others you know to bring a designated item to a birthday or holiday party, or as part of another activity you are participating in.
- Arrange all of the collected items in the bag.
- If you wish to add a card or note, please do so! (please no religious messages or “Get Well Soon”).
- Drop off your donation at Ronald McDonald House Boston Harbor, 250 1st Avenue APT 318, Charlestown, MA 02129.
- Any questions, contact the RMH Boston Harbor Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-398-6458.