DURATIONLess than 30 Minutes
Wherever you are!
WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
This helps us recruit more food donors to our platform, which will then help us connect their excess food to other organizations within their community.
Reach out to your favorite restaurant, and ask them what they do with their extra food. Do they give it to staff members to take home? Do they donate it to a nearby nonprofit organization? Do they compost it? Do they throw it away? Encourage them to sign up for MEANS Database and donate their extra food if they do not already.
(optional) a printer to print out the one-page food donation guide
Read over our food donor one-pager, and pick one or more restaurants or food stores to reach out to.
- Read over the food donor guide.
- Print out a copy if you have access to a printer, or if you'd like us to mail you a few copies, please reach out to us via phone or email.
- Make a list of one or more of your favorite restaurants and/or food stores.
- Reach out to those restaurants by phone, email, or stop by in person (with a mask!)
- If they are interested in donating their extra food, give them a copy of the one page guide, and encourage them to sign up at meansdatabase.org.
- Reach out to us with any questions!