DURATIONLess than 30 minutes
From your home or computer
Anytime (all year long)
WHO NEEDS TO HELPNone (unless you're a child needing help accessing the computer)
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
PATH operates the Gramercy Family Facility which provides housing to single women and their children experiencing homelessness. In addition to housing, Gramercy provides an on-site daycare for the young children. By fulfilling the needs of this facility, including toys and diapers, you will help young families going through a tough time find a little more joy in their daily routines and give the little ones something to smile about!
What if your birthday could bring joy to kids in a shelter for families experiencing homelessness? Well, it can! By forgoing gifts you may not really need, you can bring smiles to others (and yourself) by asking your party guests to fulfill the needs of the Gramercy Family Facility run by PATH. By swapping out your wish list for theirs, you can make a tough time in the life of other children a little brighter.
A computer with internet access
A birthday party (or other occasion where friends and family may be looking to purchase gifts for you)
Talk to your parents about swapping your traditional birthday party plan for one to help other kids and follow the instructions provided. For questions about the Gramercy Family Facility, contact Andrea Murray, Development Associate for Volunteers, at email@example.com or (323) 644-2242.
1. Talk to your parents about changing up your typical birthday party plan to ask your party guests and/or family to consider purchasing items from the Gramercy Family Facility Amazon Wish List rather than bringing presents for you.
2. If you all agree, incorporate this information into your party invitation, stating that you are sharing your birthday with kids in need in LA. If you use an electronic party invitation, include both links to the Gramercy Family Facility Amazon Wish List as well as to PATH so your party guests know exactly what to do and who will benefit.
3. Ask your guests to purchase an item for Gramercy through Amazon instead of a present for you. Upon checkout, they should select "PATH Gramercy" as the shipping option (which will automatically appear in the list of options).
4. Have your birthday party as planned and thank your guests for helping you have an impact on the lives of young children in need.
5. At any point along the way, contact Andrea Murray, Development Associate for Volunteers, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (323) 644-2242 with your questions.
*This can also be an excellent project at the holidays or for kids having a bar/bat mitzvah.