DURATIONMore than 4 hours
At a beach of your choosing
All year long
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDClass, Scout troop, or other group of like-minded people (and maybe some adult help to assist with driving and cleanups)
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Like our monthly Nothin' But Sand beach cleanups, adopting a beach allows you to help keep our beaches healthy, safe, and clean all year long. By picking up the trash that ends up at our beach, we are protecting not only the ocean, but also beachgoers and marine animals from harm. And if picking up trash for two hours makes such a significant impact, why stop at 3 cleanups a year?!
Love our monthly community beach cleanups? Why not rally a group of your friends and family and help clean up a beach of your choice? School and community groups of 15 or more can schedule their own beach cleanup with the help of Heal the Bay. Our Adopt-A-Beach program requires a commitment of 3 cleanups a year. At the end of the year, your group will receive an Adopt-A-Beach certificate from the California Coastal Commission!
15 (or more) of your favorite people! Heal the Bay will provide you with bags, gloves and data cards for your cleanups.
Groups of 15 or more required.
Read through the Adopt-A-Beach Packet and it will inform you of all the steps you will need to take. For questions or for more information, contact Isabel Cardenas, Beach Programs Manager, at email@example.com or (310)451-1500 ext. 148. Groups of 15 or more required.
1. Fill out our Adopt-A-Beach application.
2. Choose the beach you'd like to clean up, along with dates and times.
3. Once your application is submitted, we'll send you bags, gloves, and data cards for your cleanup.
4. Have a fun day with your friends at your beach cleanup on the agreed upon date/time.
5. Be part of Citizen Science! Input your data from your data cards online to Heal the Bay’s Marine Debris Database.
6. After your cleanup, send in your signed waiver forms and data cards in the envelope provided as part of your supplies.