WHENThroughout the year
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIREDAdult
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Families welcome activities that their children can do alone, with siblings and with others, especially during long days at the hospital, treatments and busy times at home-away-from-home locations.
There With Care’s mission is to provide a wide range of meaningful and fundamental services to families and children during the critical phase of a medical crisis. We serve families referred by medical agencies, by building a network of services and people who ease the burden of life’s day-today obligations with compassion and care.
Families welcome activities that their children can do alone, with siblings and with others, especially during long days at the hospital, treatments and busy times at home-away-from-home locations. Make a bag that is gender neutral, for a boy or for a girl.
- 1 plain paper gift bag
- 1 or 2 pieces of tissue paper
- 1 piece of cardstock, index card or similar (to make a tag)
- 1 small piece of ribbon/string (to tie the tag to the gift bag)
- Markers, stencils, ink stamps, paint, ribbons or other craft supplies to creatively decorate the gift bag (Please NO GLITTER OR STICKERS)
1 item from 3 or more of these categories:
- Craft Kit
- Puzzle or Skill-Challenge Activity
- Art, Coloring or Paint-by-Numbers Set
- STEAM or STEM Activity (kit contains all items)
- Activity Book, Dot-to-Dot, Mazes, Word Search
Review the required items and needs list! Get your material purchased and organized then view instructions below to get started!
- Decorate the paper gift bag, both sides if possible, as fun as you can for a 3 to 5 year old. Pictures/art/crafts only, no words.
- Decorate the front of the tag with pictures/art/crafts only, no words.
- Write on the back of the tag “Love and Hugs” or “Especially for you” and your first name, city, age and Project Giving Kids. (Please do not write “Get Well”, “Be Brave”, “Be Happy” or similar.)
- Put your items into the gift bag, put the tissue paper on the top and tie the tag to the handle.
- To drop-off or mail completed Children’s Activity Care Bag(s):
There With Care – PGK Project, 2682 Middlefield Road, Suite H, Redwood City, CA 94063.
Walk-in office hours are anytime between 9:00am to 2:00pm, Monday through Friday.
Contact: Lorraine Michelle, Volunteer Director, 650 268 8557 (direct), 650 509 0391 (cell).
- Be sure to let us know that you found this activity through PGK by including a packaging slip.
- Kindly fill out this PGK impact form when you’ve completed the activity.