All over the greater LA area
Every May, ongoing throughout the month
WHO NEEDS TO HELPSome adult faciltation may be required to help select a project and to assist with transportation/execution
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
By taking part in one of the biggest service days that happens every year in Los Angeles, you will be making a statement about the importance of serving and giving back, and also will be helping execute an important project in the life of one our nonprofit partners, organizations helping the homeless, supporting kids, feeding the hungry, taking care of our city, and so many other important things, all at the same time!
Join one of the biggest service days in Los Angeles! Pick a project from our long list of activities and partners and get to work helping a local cause that really means something special to you. The options are nearly endless.
Depends on the activity selected, but most organizations will provide everything you need to execute the project of your choosing.
Check out the Big Sunday service events being offered throughout May and find one that speaks to you. For questions about the process, contact Rob Zaremsky, Senior Program Manager, at email@example.com or (323) 549-9944.
1. Visit www.bigsunday.org and look for Big Sunday Weekend details. (It is actually now an entire month of Big Sundays!) Projects for 2018 will be posted on April 1.
2. Find something that appeals to you. You can narrow your search by choosing one or more of the options in the "filter projects" area. You can search by the project number, cause of interest (animals, homeless, military, seniors, etc.), keyword (paint, garden, feed), or zip code.
3. Once you find a project you like, click on the title to open a full description (or click "RSVP" to register).
4. Fill out the registration form and click on the green "Send RSVP" box.
5. Watch for your email confirmation with the project information and links to share or change your RSVP status. (The captain of the project will be notified and will be in direct contact with you to share additional details.)
6. Participate in the project you selected at the assigned time and place, and take a moment to reflect on the important way you are making a difference!