DURATIONMore than 4 hours
The fundraising happens online or in person - email your personal fundraising page to family and friends, and/or host a lemonade stand or bike wash to reach your $350 goal!
The Ride itself begins and ends at Noble & Greenough School in Dedham, MA.
A Sunday in the Fall - this year Sunday, October 6, 2019
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
Riders of all skill levels age 14 and up are welcome. If participating as a rider under the age of 18, you must ride with a parent, guardian or other adult known to you AND have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
The funds you raise provide much-needed support for our Food Rescue programs, which rescue fresh, nutritious foods that would otherwise go to waste, and then gets that food to people who need it. In doing so, this helps everyone access the same delicious, nutritious food that you would want to have available on your own dinner table, and also keeps food from being thrown away and wasted.
If you're a teen who's 14 or older, and you like bike riding - join our Ride for Food team to help keep Food For Free's anti-hunger work rolling! Register for the ride, fundraise for Food Rescue throughout the summer, and enjoy a beautiful fall bike ride with the rest of the team! Choose an easygoing 10-mile ride, or challenge yourself to the 25 or 50-mile route. You can even earn a cool bike jersey, custom-designed for the Ride for Food - and ONLY available to riders who reach their fundraising goal of $1,000 or more!
- An adult to help you with fundraising
- A bike
- An adult to accompany you to the Ride
- A ride to Noble & Greenough School in Dedham, MA the day of the Ride (Or Food for Free can give you a ride from Cambridge!)
Riders must be at least 14, and if under 18, must be accompanied by an adult to the Ride and have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian.
1. Identify an adult to help you with this project and accompany you to the Ride.
2. Decide whether you'd like to ride 10, 25 or 50 miles and register for the Food For Free team: https://foodforfree.org/calendar/8th-annual-ride-for-food/.
3. Begin fundraising! We give lots of support along the way. Here are a few suggestions:
- Send out 2-4 fundraising emails to family and friends asking them to donate to your personal fundraising page. (We can help you set one up, if you need some assistance.)
- Use social media to encourage your friends and family to donate and to explain to them what you are doing and why. We suggest posting about once a week until you reach your $1,000 goal.
- Host a fundraising event such as a lemonade stand, bike wash, a dinner party or a performance to raise funds.
4. Make sure your bike is tuned up and ready to ride. (Of course, a few training rides along the way are a good idea too!)
5. On Ride day, arrive at Noble & Greenough School in Dedham, MA to check in and start your Ride. Complete your Ride for Food with the rest of the team! Then stay for a lunch party, complete with music and a raffle, afterward.
6. Thank everyone who donated to your Ride. Let them know how your Ride went, and tell them how much you appreciate their support - of you AND the Food Rescue cause!