In the yard, surrounding the house.
Spring through Fall
WHOSE HELP IS REQUIRED
We welcome individual volunteers, as well as groups from businesses and community organizations.
HOW IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Our garden volunteers play an important role in making The Children’s Room a welcoming and peaceful oasis for grieving children, teens, and families.
Plant. Weed. Prune. Tasks depend on the season and the needs in our garden. The Children’s Room holds several Garden Volunteer Days throughout the year. No experience necessary! All garden days are lead by our dedicated Master Gardener Volunteer and our TCR Lead Garden Volunteer.
We have a well equipped shed so no need to bring anything. Just wear closed-toe shoes and clothing you don't mind getting a little dirty!
Kids and adults comfortable with using garden tools and getting a little bit dirty!
For individuals and groups interested in volunteering in our garden, please email Nicole at email@example.com. You will be added to our Garden Volunteer mailing list to keep you updated on garden needs and dates.
You can also ask for a specific date to volunteer in our garden with the option of learning more about TCR through a guided tour.
- Contact Nicole at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-641-4741 to schedule a time to volunteer as an individual or group.
- Let them know you found the Gardening volunteer opportunity on PGK.
- Find a time that works for you, The Children's Room and someone who needs to drive you, if applicable.
- Let them know if you are available and interested in also getting a quick tour of The Children's Room so you have a better understanding and appreciation of what you are supporting.
- Be sure to show up on time and follow instructions.
- Have fun. Ask questions.
- Come back again!