Jokes make us laugh and laughter can help us get through the tough times a little easier. As you know, it's not always easy to smile when you aren't feeling your best. By creating a joke book for one of the patients we serve, you may be just the extra something the doctor ordered!
|How much time you need (estimated)||1-2 hours|
|Where it happens||
|Who needs to help you||Kids can do this all on their own.|
|When it happens||
All year round
|What you need||
1. Blank scrap book or note book approximately 4 inches by 6 inches or 5 inches by 7 inches (or something close)
2. A nice pen to write with
3. Pens, stickers or other items to decorate the book
4. Your creativity (for designing the outside of the book)
5. Good jokes!
|How it helps||
We serve patients seeking medical care at some of Boston's best hospitals. They often come to Boston seeking care because they have serious illnesses or are receiving very special treatment. This can be a very hard time in their lives. By sharing a gift from yourself and some good humor, you can help make this tough time a little easier. Laughter really is great medicine!
1. Pick up a clean, new scrap book or note book at your favorite craft or retail store (4X6 or 5X7 are good sizes)
2. Decorate the outside of your book with calming pictures, happy quotes, flower stickers or whatever other ideas come to mind
3. Using books from your library or the internet, fill the pages with jokes that ALL people would find funny. (No rude or inappropriate jokes.)
4. Mail your completed book to Hospitality Homes, P.O. Box 15265, Boston, MA 02215
|Nonprofits you can work with||
Follow the instructions to make your joke book. If you have questions or to arrange delivery of your joke book, contact Denise Duclos at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (888) 595-4678 ext. 1.