Who does not like a cup of hot cocoa? It not only warms up the body when it is really cold but also brings a smile to your heart. We want to extend that feeling to our guest families so they feel cared for and welcome when they travel from far away to come to Boston for medical care.
|How much time you need (estimated)||1-2 hours|
|Where it happens||
From your kitchen table
|Who needs to help you||Your family|
|When it happens||
All year long, but especially during the cold winter months
|What you need||
1. Quart or pint glass Mason jars
2. 1 cup granulated sugar (quart); 1/2 cup (pint)
3. 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (quart); 1/2 cup (pint)
4. 1 cup skim powdered milk (quart); 1/2 cup (pint)
5. 1/2 teaspoon salt (quart); 1/4 teaspoon (pint)
6. 1/2 semisweet chocolate chips (quart); 1/4 cup (pint)
7. 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows (quart); 1/4 cup (pint)
|How it helps||
We serve patients seeking medical care at some of Boston's best hospitals. They often come to Boston seeking care because they have serious illnesses or are receiving very special treatment. Welcoming them with this wonderful homemade gift will warm their hearts while going through a very challenging time in their lives.
1. Decide which size Mason jars you will use.
2. Wash all the jars and lids in the dishwasher and let them dry completely.
3. Calculate the amounts of each ingredient needed based on size of Mason jar selected and number to be made.
4. Fill the Mason jars by layers starting with the granulated sugar and ending with the miniature marshmallows.
5. Add a lable with the following instructions:
"Mix contents in a large bowl. For each serving, place 1/3 cup cocoa mix in a mug and stir in 1 cup hot water. Store remaining mix in an airtight container."
6. Contact Denise Duclos at email@example.com or call (888) 595-4678 ext. 1 to arrange a time to drop off your gift jars.
|Nonprofits you can work with||
Follow the instructions provided. If you have questions or to schedule a time to drop off your jars of hot chocolate, contact Denise Duclos, Outreach Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (888) 595-4678 ext. 1.